We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the personal information collected by us by safeguarding it utilizing best in class software and hardware architecture, techniques, methods and procedures. We will comply with the terms of the applicable data protection legislation when processing your personal information.
What information is collected and for what purpose
2. In order for you to access and use our Site, you consent to us or third parties acting on our behalf to have access to or make use of your location data or such other data or information that may be derived from your device/computer to enable your continued use of our Site. You are not permitted to use our Site if you do not wish to be bound by this provision. We may also use your information to verify your credentials from third parties including financial institutions, identification verification agencies and credit reference agencies for the purposes of us providing services to you. We will use your personal information for various purposes such as:
- to provide services to you such as but not limited to sending of promotional and/or marketing material;
- statistical analysis and research;
- research and development;
- marketing, market research and customer profiling;
- data analysis;
- to comply with licensing and regulatory requirements; and
- to confirm your geographic location
We may disclose your personal information:
- if required to do so by law or by regulatory authority;
- if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary;
- to comply with any law or comply with legal process served on us;
- to protect and defend our rights or property;
- to any regulatory body or licensing body or authority;
- to third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf;
- for the purposes of disaster recovery.
We and other members of our corporate Group may occasionally send you events and news information or information regarding new services and to provide you with customer support services. If you do not which to receive any such communications from us, you may opt-out by following the instructions included in such communications.
Limits of Confidentiality
4. Legally Required Disclosures: Due to the legal, regulatory and security environment in which we operate, The Stars Group may be required, under certain circumstances, to disclose personally identifiable information about you and we may not be permitted to inform you that we have done so. The Stars Group will use reasonable endeavours to limit such disclosure to the following: (a) where The Stars Group believes in good faith that it is required to do so in response to a subpoena, warrant or other legal process or obligation upon us; or (b) where reasonably necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities to preserve and/or enforce The Stars Group rights. Further, we can, and you authorise us to, disclose such of your personal information (such as but not limited to identification, name, street address, city, county, post code, country, phone number and e-mail) to third party agents of The Stars Group or official government bodies as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of money-laundering, fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy or other unlawful activity or activity that may expose us to legal liability.
Who receives your information?
All recipients of your personal information shall be bound by applicable data protection laws to keep your personal information private at no less a level than that by which we are bound.
6. The Stars Group Marketing. We may use your email address and phone number for the purpose of providing you with news, promotions and other marketing offers from us. If you no longer wish to receive these promotional communications you may opt-out of receiving them either when you register with us initially, or subsequently by following the ‘opt-out’ instructions included in each communication. You are also, in addition, entitled at any time to notify us that you do not wish to receive any promotional communications, news reports, press releases and investor related information from us and you may do this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Rights in Relation to Your Information
7. We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. You can contact us at any time to review, change, obtain a copy of your information or have your details altered or corrected in accordance with your rights under the applicable data protection legislation. In this event we may require evidence of your identity. To contact us regarding your information please contact email@example.com.
8. We are happy to provide you with further information on how we protect and use your personal information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also obtain much useful information on data protection and privacy from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Terms and Conditions
All materials within the website are the intellectual property of The Stars Group or it associated companies. Such materials may not be copied save to the extent necessary to view them online. However, you may print complete pages of the site as hard copies for your own personal, non-business use. Ownership of the intellectual property in any copies shall remain with The Stars Group or it associated companies.
Accuracy of Information
Material on The Stars Group’s web site may include technical inaccuracies, typographical and/or other inadvertent errors. Changes may be made to or incorporated into this material periodically, however, pending such changes, information on this web site may be inaccurate or out of date.
The contents of this site are for general information and public relations purposes only and do not purport to provide advice, make any offer or otherwise create or lead to the creation of any legally enforceable relationship between The Stars Group and you. No reliance should be placed on any statements made on the site, whether for investment purposes or otherwise. The materials on this web site are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. The Stars Group excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability, both on the part of The Stars Group and other members of its corporate group, resulting from your access to the site including (without limitation) any loss, (financial or otherwise) or damage resulting directly or indirectly from any such reliance.
The Stars Group is also not responsible for the content of any independent third party articles posted, or that may be posted, to its website. The Stars Group is providing these articles to you as a convenience. The Stars Group did not investigate or verify the information in any such articles and the inclusion of any article does not imply that The Stars Group endorses it. The Stars Group makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information in the articles. The Stars Group does not, does not intend to, and expressly disclaims any duty to, update or correct such information.
The Stars Group has no control over information at hyperlinked sites or the functionality of such sites. The Stars Group makes no representation as to, and is not responsible for, the quality, content, nature, functionality or reliability of any hyperlinked site or of any other website. The Stars Group provides hyperlinks, if any, to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any hyperlink does not imply any endorsement, investigation, verification or monitoring by The Stars Group of any information contained in any hyperlinked site. In no event shall The Stars Group be responsible for your use of a hyperlinked site.