The Game Designer will focus on balanced game design, reward/motivation & core game loops, and economy management for the Group’s social gaming product, within the overall approved direction and strategy for such games. You will also be an advocate for current best practice game design principles across StarsPlay products.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design across poker/casino games, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, and enjoys working in a fast paced, data-driven environment.
- Work closely with the Head of Social Poker, Product Managers, Creative Director to contribute towards vision and direction of game and roadmap
- Develop and maintain design documentation, including but not limited to mechanics, story, guidelines, UI flows, game loops and progression
- Devise systems and balance in-game resources and economy focused on player long term retention and optimizing monetization
- Weave free-to-play game mechanics with monetization in simple, natural, respectful ways (i.e. design monetization that players respect and feel adds a great deal of value for their money)
- Become a master of FTUEs and create cohesion between all game features
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms.
- Focus on delivering compelling and enjoyable game experiences: become our champion of user experience
Skills and Capabilities
- Game design related experience
- At least one shipped mobile game
- Experience with free-to-play with particular experience in poker/casino games as a preference
- Familiar with motivation and didactic psychological models
- Able to balance complex game-systems
- Passion for playing and making computer games
- Ability to write clear specifications for software developers
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices in mobile gaming
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Educated to degree standard or excellent UAI (or local equivalent) results where applicable.
- An interest/understanding of online gaming and industry.
- Experience in Mobile
- A lifetime gamer
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus. In addition, we provide advice and financial relocation assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you are entitled to a personal allowance interest which encourages our employees to upskill themselves or pursuit a hobby. A baby bounty is offered to our employees as well, granting 1000 BGN upon the birth of a child.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career. In the office there is always free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks. In addition, we contribute a certain amount to the transportation and lunch expenses of our employees.
Our employees can always enrol to our sports program, and in terms of relaxation we have a playroom, including a PlayStation and a pool table. Our social team organise great events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Bulgaria service office in the StarsPlay department.