POKERSTARS TO MAKE AT LEAST FIVE MORE MILLIONAIRES OVER THE NEXT EIGHT WEEKS
ONCHAN, Isle of Man – March 27, 2015 – PokerStars, an Amaya Inc. (TSX: AYA) company, today launched ‘PokerStars Makes Millionaires’, one of the site’s biggest and boldest campaigns ever, will make at least five players millionaires over an eight-week period by participating in a variety of online and offline games, tournaments and promotions.
The promotion kicks off on March 27 with the return of the incredibly popular $1 Million Spin & Go promotion, and continues through May 24 when a minimum of $1 million is guaranteed to the winner of the Spring Championship of Online Poker Main Event High tournament.
To date PokerStars has had a hand in creating more than 150 poker millionaires drawn from online tournaments such as the World Championship of Online Poker, live events like the European Poker Tour, made-for-TV poker competitions such as Million Dollar Challenge, and recent product offerings like Spin & Go’s that give players the opportunity to turn $5 into $1 million in a matter of minutes.
Team PokerStars Pro Bertrand ‘ElkY’ Grospellier, who won his first seven-figure score ($2 million) at the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure in 2008, said: “PokerStars has a long history of hosting online and live events that turn normal players into millionaires. It happened to me at the PCA and there will be several more millionaires created in the next month. New games like Spin & Go’s, where literally anyone who enters has a chance to become a millionaire, is generating excitement amongst the online poker community again.”
Here’s a rundown of the key PokerStars Makes Millionaires events and dates:
- $1 Million Spin & Go (From March 27): Players can turn $5 into $1,000,000 in just minutes with special $1 Million Spin & Go’s. See http://psta.rs/1FQWw89 for more info.
- EPT Grand Final Promo (March 27 – April 6): Players can win a free package to the EPT Grand Final Main Event in Monaco, with a guaranteed €1 million for the Main Event winner. There are a series of freerolls from March 27 to April 6 in which PokerStars is giving away three free Main Event packages, and players can also claim a free €11 satellite ticket by making a deposit. See http://psta.rs/1CPYkzo for more details.
- EPT Grand Final Mega Qualifier (April 5): Players can win a €14,000 EPT prize package in the Mega Qualifier on April 5 at 13:05 ET, with 10 packages guaranteed. See http://psta.rs/1CPYkzo for more info.
- Millionaire Month (Round 1: April 6 – 17, Round 2: April 19 – 30): PokerStars is giving away more than $4 million in cash prizes during Millionaire Month which gives players the chance to win $1 million via two Millionaire Finals. Players need to complete simple challenges during the qualification periods for entry into $150,000 All-in Shootouts. The winner of each of the six All-in Shootouts in Round 1 (April 18) and in Round 2 (May 1) advances to the six-player Millionaire Finals tourneys on May 10 at 13:00 ET, where two new cash millionaires will be crowned, one in each of the finals. See the attached graphics or visit http://psta.rs/1Oqg4o1 for more info.
- May 2-22: SCOOP All-in Shootout Deposit Raffle: Players can win their way to the Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP) Main Event (High) for free and play for a first prize of at least $1 million. Players simply need to make a deposit to receive a raffle ticket. In the All-in Shootout we’ve got 16 free SCOOP High Main Event entries - each worth $10,300 - up for grabs, plus over 2,000 free entries to the SCOOP Low and Medium Main Events. See http://psta.rs/1EC9m6b for more details.
- SCOOP High Main Event (May 24): $1 Million is guaranteed to SCOOP High Main Event winner. See http://psta.rs/1EC9ra5 for more details.
POKERSTARS MAKES MILLIONAIRES
Here are some fast facts about PokerStars’ history of making millionaires:
- Online tournaments – $1m+ winners: 22
- Biggest winner: $2,278,098 (Tyson ‘POTTERPOKER’ Marks; World Championship of Online Poker Main Event, September 2010)
- Live tournaments – $1m+ winners: 95
- Biggest winner: $4,463,293 (Niklas Heinecker; GuangDong Asia Millions Main Event, June 2013)
- TV tournaments – $1m+ winners: 2 (Million Dollar Challenge and Shark Cage)
- Spin & Go – $1m winners: 3 (‘sss66666’, ‘Tornádo111’, ‘anushan_2323’)
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
PokerStars operates the world’s most popular online poker sites, serving the global poker community. Since it launched in 2001, PokerStars has become the first choice of players all over the world, with more daily tournaments than anywhere else and with the best security online. More than 130 billion hands have been dealt on PokerStars, which is more than any other site.
PokerStars.com and PokerStars.eu operate globally under licenses from the Isle of Man and Malta governments, respectively. PokerStars also holds separate government licenses in the United Kingdom, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain.
PokerStars is a member of The Rational Group, which operates gaming-related businesses and brands, including PokerStars, Full Tilt and the European Poker Tour. In 2012, 2013 and 2014, Rational Group companies in the UK and Isle of Man won recognition as one of the best workplaces in the UK being awarded a top 25 position by the Great Place to Work Institute’s Best Workplaces – Large category rankings. Rational Group entities in Costa Rica and Dublin also achieved the same accolade in their respective local rankings in 2014. PokerStars is owned by Amaya Inc. (TSX: AYA).