POKERSTARS ANNOUNCES SECOND $1 MILLION FREEROLL
75,000 players will win prizes - first place to receive $10,000
ONCHAN, Isle of Man – July 8, 2016 – The second of PokerStars’ four $1 million online freeroll poker tournaments planned for 2016 will take place on Sunday, July 17 at 12.04 ET (17.04 BST, 18.04 CET). Players will be given 10 chances to qualify for the million-dollar giveaway event, which will take place at PokerStars, an Amaya Inc. (Nasdaq: AYA; TSX: AYA) brand.
Players will have 10 chances to qualify into the PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll tournament through a series of simple daily challenges from July 8-16. After each day has finished, All-In Shootout Qualifiers will run and give away 8,192 seats to the players who completed the previous day’s challenge.
In addition, players who complete the challenge on Friday, July 15 will have an extra reward – entry into a Skill Qualifier that will see 15,000 players advance to the $1 Million Freeroll, which will be played out as a regular tournament.
The daily challenges are intended to be very simple in order to give as many people as possible a chance to qualify for the $1 Million Freeroll. Playing just one real money hand of poker (cash game, multi-table tournament, Spin & Go, or Sit & Go tournament), making any wager in a casino game, or making any real money sports bet on BetStars (excluding free bets) on any sporting market, will gain entry into the All-In Shootout.
HOW PLAYERS CAN PLAY THE POKERSTARS $1 MILLION FREEROLL
- Players can claim their free All-In Shootout Qualifier seat by opening their Challenges Window, opting-in and completing a simple daily challenge
- The All-In Shootouts Qualifier tournaments will be played the day after the challenge at 00.04 ET.
- Players who qualify through the All-In Shootout will automatically be registered to play the $1 Million Freeroll on July 17 at 12.04 ET. Note that players do not have to be present during the All-in Shootout Qualifiers but the $1 Million Freeroll is played as a regular tournament.
- In addition, PokerStars is running a Skill Qualifier to give more players a chance to compete. Players that complete the daily challenge on July 15 will, in addition to getting an All-in Shootout seat, receive a ticket to the Skill Qualifier played on Saturday, July 16 at 12.04 ET. Unlike an All-in Shootout, players must register and play this tournament to be in with a chance of advancing to the $1 Million Freeroll.
|Tournament||Buy-in||Date & Time||Prize Pool|
|PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll All-In Shootout Qualifier||Auto-registered after completing respective daily challenge||July 9-17 00.04 ET||Top 8,192 players advance to PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll|
|PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll Skill Qualifier||Ticket received in Friday, July 15 daily challenge||July 16 12.04 ET||15,000 players qualify to PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll|
|PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll - $1,000,000 added||Only open to players who have qualified. Players who have qualified will be automatically registered.||July 17 12.04 ET||$1,000,000 added with $10,000 for the winner|
- Compared to the last $1 Million Freeroll, PokerStars expects to reward more players.
- $10,000 will be paid to the winner.
- PokerStars will award prizes to 75,000 players.
- Only one seat is allowed per player for the PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll, so once a player has won a seat, there is no need to opt-in for new challenges.
For further information, please contact: email@example.com
PokerStars operates the world’s most popular online poker sites, serving the global poker community. Since it launched in 2001, PokerStars has become the first choice of players all over the world, with more daily tournaments than anywhere else and with the best online security. More than 155 billion hands have been dealt on PokerStars, which is more than any other site.
PokerStars.com and PokerStars.eu operate globally under licenses from the Isle of Man and Malta governments, respectively. PokerStars also holds local licenses or approvals to offer services to players in many jurisdictions, including Italy, France, Estonia, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Bulgaria, Greece, United Kingdom, Schleswig-Holstein in Germany, Ireland, Romania and New Jersey in the United States of America.
PokerStars is the flagship brand of Rational Group, which operates gaming-related businesses and brands, including PokerStars, Full Tilt and the European Poker Tour. In 2012, 2013 and 2014, Rational Group companies in the UK and Isle of Man was recognised as one of the top 25 best places to work by the Great Place to Work Institute’s Best Workplaces – Large category ranking. Rational Group entities in Costa Rica and Dublin also achieved the same accolade in their respective local rankings in 2014. PokerStars is ultimately owned by Amaya Inc. (Nasdaq: AYA; TSX: AYA).