The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies.
The Stars Group brands have more than 111 million registered customers, forming one of the largest online gaming businesses in the world. From our base in Leeds we are building the next generation sports betting platform which will bring innovation and performance fit for strong growth in our many global markets.
Much of the platform is truly greenfield, with the best modern technologies and practices being at our disposal. Engineers at all levels have a part to play in our tech decisions and choices. You will be self-motivated and willing to contribute to design at all levels, listening and learning from the talented people around you.
Halfords Media UK Limited is looking for an iOS Software Engineer to join our team in Leeds. Come and join a new team - we’re lean, we’re agile, and devops is at the centre of everything we do! And you’re in good company: you’ll be standing on the shoulders of the giants who created the most popular apps and products of their kind.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To build new products featuring rock-solid stability, high velocity code-shipping and ground-breaking innovation
- To progressively build, deploy and run best-in-class customer experiences on a consolidated Group Sports Betting & Trading Platform across online, mobile and retail in all territories
- To create the next generation of BetStars applications to support international growth
- Work within our bespoke framework to create performant, immersive sports betting experiences, this will allow you to integrate with our real-time data feeds to give customers the most relevant and up-to-date information around their bets
- To leverage content management and configuration tools to provide non-technical colleagues with applications to effectively manage sports betting products across many different territories
- To deliver the Technology that will launch leading edge products into new markets whilst scaling up quickly and cost effectively
What are we looking for?
- A relevant degree
- Someone who is skilled in Swift and using the Xcode IDE. Any exposure to Objective-C is desirable but not essential
- Experience with using CocoaPods for dependency management and use of Git source control
- Familiarity with the latest iOS SDK (iOS12) and an understanding of HTTP protocols, requests and responses
- A keen interest in the latest mobile development trends
What happens next? If you are interested, please apply within 7 days of the first placement of the advert
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.