We are looking for a virtualization team lead to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Richmond Hill, Toronto Office.
Why we need you: -
You’ll be involved in working on developing and maintaining a reliable and resilient infrastructure that provides continuous and effective services for internal and external customers. This role centres on virtualization and is expected to employ strong technical and communication skills to build great team and high-quality environments. It requires overseeing the daily operations and administration of the virtual infrastructure in a 24/7 production environment and manage a variety of projects, while ensuring that commitments and timetables are met.
Who are we looking for: -
You’ll be building and maintaining virtual infrastructure, which encompasses hardware, servers, and virtual machines, using virtual environments such as vSphere, Hyper-V, Oracle Virtual Box, Citrix; configure it for production by creating user accounts, control access to networks, and manage storage and security settings.
You will be building and administering multiple VMware products across multiple data centres; identify and implement the rectified operational issues. You’ll monitor performance of systems and provide support, including on-call, and/or weekend work as required, to ensure that ongoing service-delivery standards are met. You’ll be participating heavily in planning of Company’s infrastructures including gathering system data, researching possible solutions, developing and presenting design ideas, and thoughtfully evaluating suggestions from other departments.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Proactively design and install upgrades, releases, and application patches; update drivers and firmware with newer technology
- Work closely with both developers and testers to assist in execution of software development lifecycle
- Evaluating industry trends and assist in implementing standards and best practices
- Developing and maintaining automatic configuration management and automation solutions
- Providing subject matter expertise to diagnose and remedy issues that are escalated by internal clients, project stakeholders and/or other member of delivery units
- Providing input for the future of the technology practice including evaluating vendors, products, solutions, etc.
- Participating in the initiation and execution of research & development (R&D) initiatives; research new technologies and bring forward new ideas to support the business in virtualized environments
- Creating and maintaining documentation for all system-related processes and procedures including project requirements, changes and upgrades, implementation plans, and support tickets
- Accurately preparing all types of business correspondence, design and produce weekly, monthly and yearly reports
- Professionally document all work performed and create summary reports for internal management
- Analysing and interpreting job related business periodicals and technical manuals and assist in the preparation of training manuals
- Working with the project management team to execute assigned tasks according to the timelines established for the given project/activity; handle multiple assignments, manage priorities, and meet deadlines
- Assisting with providing project scope and designing workflow solutions
- Fostering and maintaining positive relationships with other teams in the organization; partner with internal stakeholders to design operational solutions
- Working with vendors, analyse prices, gather quotes and invoices; track support contracts and execute support renewals
- Managing the virtualization team, perform hiring along all related activities, make job description and role profile for candidates; participate in the interview; work with HR on execution of related procedures, including preparing onboarding plan and submitting probation reports
- Performing one-to-one meetings, prepare personal development plans and provide performance feedback
- Motivating the team and plan team development; maintain skills matrix up to date
- Remaining on call during irregular hours respond promptly to issues reported by support, conduct root cause analysis and go through various testing scenarios for thorough and perform other duties as assigned.
It's important that you have a BA degree and/or related technical diplomas along with proven experience in supporting enterprise server/storage virtualization and IT, Linux and Windows server operations and troubleshooting in a similar role supporting an enterprise or large data Center environment.
As the ideal candidate, you will have: -
You’ll have knowledge of Data Centre infrastructure and security practices, enterprise storage and virtualization platforms, including:
- VMware ESXi/vCenter/vRealize 6.x Operations and best practice methodology
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, Active Directory (DNS, GPO, ADFS and SCCM)
- Networking (NIC Teaming, layer-2 and layer-3 IP troubleshooting)
- Enterprise SAN (fibre channel, iSCSI) and NAS solutions
- Systems Operations and Monitoring
- Phyton/shell scripting, Salt stack
- Data Backup and Replication, Disaster Recovery
You’ll need to have the ability to exercise good judgment, sound reasoning skills and discretion in making independent decisions commensurate with responsibilities. You’ll have the ability to multi-task and effectively manage stress and pressure through changing priorities calmly in all situations.
Active VMWare certification (VCP-DVC) is preferred as is active Linux or Windows Server certification (MCSE, SCCM administration) as you’ll be providing mentoring and technical guidance to junior and senior team members, to ensure the team achieves and maintains excellence in architecture, engineering and communication.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you can join our company pension scheme.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support to develop your skills and support you in progressing your career.
Lunch is on us and there is free fresh fruit, snacks, drinks in the office.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Richmond Hill (Toronto) service office in the It Infrastructure & DevOps department.
At The Stars Group, we encourage applications from all sections of the community. If you are an applicant with a disability and you require accommodations at any point in our recruitment process, please let our talent acquisition team know when they contact you to invite for interview.