We are looking for a Technical Product Owner to join our team here at The Stars Group, based out of our Toronto office.
Why we need you:-
We are looking for a Technical Product Owner to help us drive innovation into delivery of a bleeding edge web framework. Expect to combine a passion for using technology, with a relentless energy to continuously improve both you and ecosystem around you!
This role sits at the very heart of our WEB Products & Technology team, owning and helping define the vision for the WEB framework and its delivery against the long-term business wide objectives and goals.
Responsible for the definition of the product and ensuring that there is clear value for what is being delivered paired with a common understanding of the success criteria/goals, collaborating and interacting with multi-disciplined development teams (both locally and remotely). This is a chance to work on greenfield developments where you’ll help build and own a Web platform that will ultimately be used by millions around the world and there will be a need for end-to-end management of specific product features and services to deliver first class experiences, strong engagement and revenues.
You will be helping to build an internal culture where other development teams serve as a customer. You will need to integrate customers’ data, performance insights, non-performance KPIs, research and market analysis leading to product requirements with one goal: improving our end users’ happiness.
Expect duties to include the following:
- Drive to become a class leading, shared web platform, that enables technology delivery through robust, scalable architecture twinned with an effortless developer experience.
- Build, own and execute against the technical road-map, manage the long-term vision and strategy, prioritising development to ensure we improve the return on our technology investment.
- Act as Incident Manager for the product, working with business partners, Technical Operations and Release management to triage and prioritise incidents and bugs for product backlog injection and rapid resolution.
- Engage with Platform, Poker, Casino, Sports, mobile and desktop teams to ensure that the product provides the necessary capabilities and capacities to support business product work and desired outcomes
- Work with Web delivery teams and business unit product teams to plan, prioritise, manage and deliver projects from the company portfolio focused product road-map. Manage the planned release programme for web framework delivery and ensuring alignment of initiatives across teams.
- Ensure that both Security and Performance are planned in functional scope and baked into the product development process. Liaise with Application security teams to identify and resolve vulnerabilities and ensure that product performance is within agreed service levels.
- Develop, scope and define the backlog items (epic/features/user stories) using Gherkin format that guide the goals for the Agile software development team, and participate in all team ceremonies.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize epics, stories and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy working with others as necessary.
- Define, monitor and react to KPIs and use data for assessing value and implementing each new framework capability using varying methods to translate into user stories with specific, measurable, attainable and testable acceptance criteria.
Who are we looking for:-
To excel in this role, come armed with 4+ years of technical product ownership or technical product design experience in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will have technical curiosity and expertise including experience working with Web and API based products. It’s also important to understand modern Web based system architectures, including:
- AWS integration
- Containerized Application Delivery
Be someone who is comfortable writing features and user stories in Gherkin syntax in a way that allows the team to contribute to the “what”.
It’s essential to know lean / agile / Scrum development methodology and management of JIT decisions to system level questions and defect triage. You’ll also need exposure to Agile/Scrum toolset framework e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Mural, etc. Ensure you can show an understanding of customer interactions and user journeys on transactional digital products and demonstrate a desire to continually improving our customer experience. Finally, you should show experience using data and analytics tools for reaching data driven decisions to prioritize the roadmap.
As an educational background, we expect a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and an ability to simplify complex problems, processes, system interactions or projects into component parts and be able to explore and evaluate them systematically. You’ll need to be flexible in working hours to work with cross regional teams across the world.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:-
If we were listing additional things the perfect person, experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Monitoring, Pairing are all useful. As would working within a SRE environment.
What's in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus.
We offer health and dental insurance for you and your dependents plus you can join our company pension scheme.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support to develop your skills and support you in progressing your career.
We have on-site yoga a few times a week and lunch is on us. We also have fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office so you won’t go hungry.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Toronto office in the StarsWeb Delivery department.