The Role: Tax Accountant (12-month contract)
Why we need you:
The role of the Tax Accountant will be to ensure that corporation tax compliance and reporting obligations are met across different jurisdictions in a timely manner. The Tax Accountant will also assist with tax audits and ongoing tax requirements.
Expect duties to include the following:
- Corporation tax compliance for the Group, liaising with local advisors and ensuring filing and payment obligations are met and made on time
- Assisting with segmental and group tax reporting for quarterly and year end group and statutory reporting purposes
- Assisting with filing requirements for corporate withholding taxes
- Responding to general Corporate Tax queries across various business units
- Assisting in the completion of tax audits, senior accounting officer (SAO) requirements and any other ad hoc queries from Tax Authorities
- Supporting the Tax team on ad hoc tax projects such as transfer pricing, legal entity rationalisation, and R&D tax credit claims.
Who are we looking for:
As an investor in our people, we will provide you with comprehensive training course specifically tailored to aid you in your new job as a Tax Accountant! All we ask is that you meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of an accounting or tax qualification (ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA/AAT/ATT)
- Good Microsoft Excel skills with particular focus on formulas
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Ability to deliver high quality work driven by time pressured external deadlines
- Team player who is able to work independently and as part of the wider international tax team, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Vision Excel and SUN accounting packages
- Experience of international tax compliance
- Good IFRS tax accounting knowledge
- Prior reporting experience
- Awareness of the gaming industry
What's in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you are entitled to join our company pension scheme.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
Our social team organise phenomenal events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
We will seek to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands.
Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies.