The role: Senior iOS Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior iOS Software Engineer to join our busy and dynamic Global Sportsbook Trading Platform team in our Leeds office.
Come and join the new team building the exciting new products featuring rock-solid stability, high velocity code-shipping and ground-breaking innovation. We’re lean, we’re agile, and mobile is at the centre of everything we do! And you’re in good company: you’ll be standing on the shoulders of the giants who created the most popular apps and products of their kind.
The Stars Group brands have over 111 million registered customers, forming one of the largest online gaming businesses in the world. From our base in Leeds we are building our new Global Sportsbook Trading Platform which will bring innovation and performance fit for strong growth in our many global markets.
Much of the platform is truly greenfield with the best modern technologies and practices being at our disposal. Engineers at all levels have a part to play in our tech decisions and choices. You will be self-motivated and willing to contribute to design at all levels, listening and learning from the talented people around you.
Together we’ll deliver the Technology that will launch leading edge products into new markets whilst scaling up quickly and cost effectively. Be part of an industry-leading team renowned for delivering customer centric products; our success will help drive Sports revenue growth throughout the Group.
Why we need you:
We are looking for someone with deep experience of the iOS platform - with an ability to work with technologies from iOS 10 to 13 while taking advantage of the best of Cocoa Touch and core SDK frameworks. We need someone who can ensure the app functions on all supported devices while also looking forward to the next stage of iOS. Someone who can build an iPhone app using the latest tech with an eye on full universal support when required.
And we want someone who understands what "native" truly means - and all the benefits we gain from that.
Who are we looking for:
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Significant iOS development with demonstrable experience of building best-in-class mobile experiences.
- Skills in Swift (5.1) leveraging Xcode 11 and the latest techniques and tools.
- Exposure to Objective-C is a plus, but not essential.
- Familiarity with the latest iOS SDK.
- An understanding of HTTP protocols and demonstrable experience of RESTful APIs, requests and responses.
- Experience of real-time networking and WebSockets would be a genuine benefit.
- Proven understanding MVVM-C Architecture and concepts such as Dependency Injection and Protocol Oriented Design.
- Someone who appreciates how vital XCTest coverage (both Unit and UI Automation) can be, alongside GIT, Fastlane, CI and CD pipelines.
- To ensure we are providing the best experience to our users, you would be fully proficient with threading, async operations, and backgrounding modes.
- Knowledge of functional-reactive programming would be a plus.
- An understanding of the best design and UX that iOS apps can offer.
What’s in it for you?
We base the salary for this job on experience, so whilst we cannot go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). You can make the most of our personal interest allowance to learn something new or pursue a hobby. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Leeds service office in the GSTP department.