We’re looking for a senior virtualization administrator to join our busy and dynamic team in our Richmond Hill, Toronto office.
Why we need you:
You will be involved in working on developing and maintaining a reliable and resilient infrastructure that provides continuous and effective services for internal and external customers. You will be passionate about virtualization and expected to employ good technical and interpersonal skills to build high-quality environments. You will be overseeing the daily operations and administration of the virtual infrastructure in a 24/7 production environment and lead a variety of projects, while ensuring that commitments and timetables are met.
Who are we looking for:
You will be building and maintaining virtual infrastructure, which encompasses hardware, servers, and virtual machines, using virtual environments such as vSphere, Hyper-V, Oracle Virtual Box, Citrix; configure it for production by creating user accounts, control access to networks, and handle storage and security settings. You’ll be building and coordinating multiple VMware products across multiple data centers; identify and implement the rectified operational issues. Monitoring performance of systems and provide support, including on-call, and/or weekend work as required, to ensure that ongoing service-delivery standards are met will be daily tasks. Proben experience in supporting enterprise server/storage virtualization along with experience in IT, Linux and Windows server operations and troubleshooting in a similar role supporting an enterprise or large Data Center environment is critical.
You’ll be participating heavily in planning of Company’s infrastructures including gathering system data, researching possible solutions, developing and presenting design ideas, and thoughtfully evaluating suggestions from other departments. You’ll proactively design and install upgrades, releases, and application patches; update drivers and firmware with newer technology. A Bachelor’s degree and/or related technical diplomas are needed for this role as is the ability to exercise good judgment, sound reasoning skills and discretion in making independent decisions commensurate with responsibilities.
You’ll be evaluating industry trends and assist in implementing standards and standard methodologies along with developing/maintaining automatic configuration management and automation solutions. You’ll also be providing domain expertise to diagnose and remedy issues that are raised by internal clients, project partners and/or other member of delivery units.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with both developers and testers to assist in execution of software development lifecycle
- Participate in training to maintain expert level proficiency in your field
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to junior and senior colleagues, to ensure the team achieves and maintains excellence in architecture, engineering and communication
- Provide input for the future of the technology practice including evaluating vendors, products, solutions, etc.
- Participate in the initiation and execution of research & development (R&D) initiatives; research new technologies and bring forward new ideas to support the business in virtualized environments
- Create and maintain documentation for all system-related processes and procedures including project requirements, changes and upgrades, implementation plans, and support tickets
- Accurately prepare all types of business correspondence, design and produce weekly, monthly and yearly reports
- Professionally document all work performed and create summary reports for internal management
- Analyze and interpret job related business periodicals and technical manuals and assist in the preparation of training manuals
- Working with the project management team to execute assigned tasks according to the timelines established for the given project/activity; handle multiple assignments, manage priorities, and meet deadlines
- Assist with providing project scope and designing workflow solutions
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with other teams in the organization; partner with internal stakeholders to design operational solutions
- Work with vendors, analyse prices, gather quotes and invoices; track support contracts and execute support renewals
- Assist the Talent Acquisition in hiring along all related activities: compose job description and role profile for candidates; participate in the interview; work with HR on execution of related procedures, including preparing onboarding plan and submitting probation assessment reports
- Remain on call during irregular hours respond promptly to issues reported by support, conduct root cause analysis and go through various testing scenarios for thorough resolution
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
Knowledge of Data Centre infrastructure and security practices, enterprise storage and virtualization platforms is essential, including:
- VMware ESXi/vCenter/vRealize 6.x Operations and best practice methodology
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, Active Directory (DNS, GPO, ADFS and SCCM)
- Networking (NIC Teaming, layer-2 and layer-3 IP troubleshooting)
- Enterprise SAN (fibre channel, iSCSI) and NAS solutions
- Systems Operations and Monitoring
- Phyton/shell scripting, Salt stack
- Data Backup and Replication, Disaster Recovery
Active VMware certification (VCP-DCV) are preferred as is active Linux or Windows Server certification (MCSE, SCCM administration).
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you can join our company pension scheme.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support to develop your skills and support you in progressing your career.
Lunch is on us and there is free fresh fruit, snacks, drinks in the office.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Richmond Hill (Toronto) service office in the It Infrastructure & DevOps department.
At The Stars Group, we encourage applications from all sections of the community. If you are an applicant with a disability and you require accommodations at any point in our recruitment process, please let our talent acquisition team know when they contact you to invite for interview.