The role: Senior UX/UI Designer
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our busy and dynamic Global Sportsbook & Trading team in our Leeds office.
Why we need you:-
As Senior Designer you will work on the most critical, strategic projects at the heart of the world’s largest public online gaming and sports betting business, with funding and opportunities to match our huge ambition.
It’s your chance to work on greenfield developments where you’ll design new products, features and experiences that will ultimately be used by millions around the world, building on your career so far and learning new skills to solve problems that only exist at this scale.
You’ll be working with a team of product designers, user researchers, product and technology people reporting into our Lead Product Designer.
Who are we looking for:-
- Be an outstanding product designer, obsess over customer experience and create amazing experiences and features that deliver.
- Be a confident presenter and stakeholder manager. You’ll build strong relationships with researchers, designers and UX architects, product managers and the wider team.
- You’ll be a ‘force to be reckoned with’ – a domain expert whose opinion is respected because of your depth of skills and expertise.
- Be inspired. You’ll be able to switch not just between mobile and desktop but also between iOS and Android and all the variants in between. You’ll have an in depth understanding of the nuances of each format and will use this to bring beautiful and impactful customer experiences to life.
- Organise, facilitate and lead regular innovation sessions, product reviews, and design sprints.
- Keep up to date with the latest industry trends and share this with internal communities, using your presentation abilities and stakeholder network that you will build.
- Cover our rapidly evolving multi-channel products, and occasionally work on exciting projects outside of the agile workflow.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results driven organization. You will be working in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal culture.
- Be a cornerstone in building a world class Lean UX culture across the whole of GSTP and ultimately across the Group.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:-
- Adobe CC
- Other similar tools
Working with us:
“We have fun! We love to think of the future, we’re not just about delivering what’s in front of our faces, we need people who think ahead, beyond what competitors are doing, who obsess about going back to first principles to design new solutions to old problems (and new ones). People are always out going for coffee, lunch, socials after work – yes we talk about work quite a lot but that’s just because we enjoy what we do.
Obsess about the customer. Sports betting has a lot of ‘legacy thinking’ – we’re looking to smash down these old walls and build new ones, we’re fresh thinkers, the sort of people who don’t mind disagreeing with the leadership team because we know, based on customer research, that we’re right.
Think global. We’re building a global platform, not territory specific, we love to find the nuance between what works in a specific country and what will work everywhere. We think about all of our brands, Sky Bet, Betstars, Fox Bet. We’re global and you should be too!” Nick Cockerill – Head of Product
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). You can make the most of our personal interest allowance in order to learn something new or pursue a hobby. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Leeds office in the Global Sportsbook & Trading department.