The role: Senior Solutions Architect
We are looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Leeds service office.
Why we need you: -
We’re looking for you to join and become the technical subject matter expert for particular products and services and, via solution designs, be the design authority for new and existing services. You’ll communicate the business goals, constraints and risks to the delivery team members, so that they can build and operate the systems and services that support and deliver the tribe’s business goals and address the constraints and risks that are present.
Together with other technology leaders, you’ll deliver and communicate an architectural vision and roadmap for the tribe that is understood and supported by the whole business and that provides clear, achievable principles and direction for the technology team to follow.
We’ll look for you to communicate the key facts, risks and assumptions to enable the heads of function in a tribe to understand and make decisions for the products and services you represent.
As well as carrying out the role of a Solutions Architect you will be involved in:
- Involve mentoring and coaching of other Solutions Architects
- Work to continuously improve the architecture teams’ ways of working and processes.
- Work with Head of Architecture, GSTP Solutions Architects and the wider architectural community to define best practices and ways of working.
- Evangelizing/L&D/Architecture concepts to wider GSTP teams
- Helping define / Evangelizing Architecture principles within GSTP and their alignment with the wider architecture community
- Identifying / sharing best practices
- Lead other architects to deliver complex multi-team and multi-tribe projects.
- Provide technical leadership and strategy for the systems/domains you lead.
- Work closely with engineering, product and operations to identify architectural improvements and longer term strategies.
- Collaborate across multiple tribes to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose and meet the overall strategy as well as project requirements.
Who are we looking for: -
You’ll be the hands-on technical authority for your squad; you’ll advocate and drive best practices and technical improvements in the squad. You’ll be someone who can encourage squad “champions” for different areas of expertise like performance testing and others;
We’ll want you to coach other squad members from a technical perspective, increasing their expertise. You’ll be a champion for technical ownership and operational readiness within the squad and tribe and you’ll work with the Engineering Manager to recruit the best engineers for your team.
In addition, you’ll:
- Engage with product teams on forward planning and drive team focus on delivery goals and value;
- Lead by example on transparent communication, ensuring that business expectations are always set realistically;
- Champion, maintain and uphold the SDLC, and drive improvements to working practices;
- Lead on inceptions and elaboration of work;
- Contribute to technical designs, roadmap planning, defining and documenting software architecture for your services;
We’ll want you to exhibit the following skills and knowledge:
- Our engineers work closely with colleagues in all positions, so a good level of interpersonal skill is important to us
- You will need to demonstrate comprehensive test analysis skills
- Be proficient in developing and maintaining automated tests
- Have a good appreciation of what can and can’t be automated
- Have experience of working in an agile environment (Scrum / Kanban)
- You will be happy to work independently or collaboratively on multiple tasks
As the ideal candidate, you will have: -
You'll have worked in the Betting and Gaming industry, but that's just an added benefit, but not essential for this role.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). You can make the most of our personal interest allowance in order to learn something new or pursue a hobby. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Leeds service office in the GSTP department.