The role: Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Leeds service office.
Why we need you:
Based in our Leeds city centre tech hub, you’ll enjoy being part of our strong team culture, with the flexibility to work remotely around that. You will be working in an environment where a worldwide team feel like family and everyone works together to achieve a shared vision.
Helping you be a master in your own domain is critical to our company’s success; that’s why we have L&D time for you. This means that Friday afternoons are your time to learn whatever you decide you need to stay at the top of your game.
No previous experience in sports betting? No problem – we have many experts to learn from, and the technical excellence you’ll bring is what we value. Salary and benefits packages reflect the high standard in our tech teams, with excellent training and development opportunities for all engineers.
You will build the next generation of BetStars web applications to support international growth. Working within our bespoke framework to create performant, immersive sports betting experiences.Integrate with our real-time data feeds to give customers the most relevant and up-to-date information around their bets. Leverage content management and configuration tools to provide non-technical colleagues with applications to effectively manage sports betting products across many different territories.
You’ll be a senior member of a team of talented engineers who will:
- Balance the commercial needs of the business against the ideal technical design, proposing sound phased or tactical implementations where appropriate
- Share your experience by mentoring more junior squad members
- Actively support the implementation of continuous integration to enhance deployment processes in line with SB&G delivery/release evolution plans
Who are we looking for:
- Our multi-platform applications are built on top of webpack, TypeScript, React and WebSocket technology
- Use features of the web platform to ensure the best possible performance is achieved for customers
- Embrace a DevOps mindset to create tooling and automation which improve developer experience and speed of delivery
- Understand the technology habits and usage idioms employed by people from all parts of the world
- Work with internationalisation technologies to provide content in all our supported languages
- Develop accessible applications to ensure our products to customers using assistive technologies
- Be aware of SEO techniques and understand how the choices you make when building products will impact the overall visibility in search engine results pages
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Leeds service office in the Sports Development department.