The role: Senior Legal Counsel, Regulatory/B2B Specialist
We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel, Regulatory/B2B Specialist to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Malta office.
Why we need you:
In this role, you will be responsible for the co-ordination, development and embedding of the Group’s compliance framework within the Group’s non-locally licensed jurisdictions and B2B relationships, ensuring policies, processes and procedures are accurately implemented and followed in order to demonstrate compliance on behalf of the Group and the Group’s B2B partners as detailed in the B2B contractual agreements between the parties. You’ll also be responsible for providing legal advice with respect to the regulatory nature of the Group’s activities related to non-locally licensed markets and B2B relationships, including regulatory advice during both the negotiation of a B2B relationship and during the term of such relationship.
We’ll look for you to do the following:
- Provide guidance to the Business related to non-locally licensed markets, including keeping up to date on the regulatory environment in non-locally licensed markets.
- Provide regulatory legal guidance with respect to the drafting of Group B2B relationships and the fulfilment of existing B2B contractual relationships
- Responsible for understanding, advising on and monitoring the Compliance requirements for each of the Group’s B2B relationships including awareness of Gaming regulatory, Technical, AML and Marketing requirements.
- Undertake full operational compliance review of Group requirements under the B2B contractual agreements, obtaining evidence of compliance ensuring that they are in line with Group policy, working with the business on any areas of noncompliance and generating regular and routine reports on the same to Group Management;
- Undertake review of B2B partners’ compliance with contractual obligations and obtain evidence of such compliance as required under B2B contractual agreements
- Develop, lead and maintain the group’s compliance monitoring program with respect to B2B relationships, ensuring compliance issues raised are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- To the extent applicable, ensure that relationship with all regulatory bodies are kept to the highest standard.
- Undertake and run with ad hoc complex projects as needed, assist with regulatory issues and queries as applicable.
Who are we looking for:
As an investor in our people, we will provide you with comprehensive training course specifically tailored to aid you in your new job.
In terms of your background, we’ll expect you to have around 8 years or more experience working in a legal / compliance / audit environment taking care of various and complex regulatory regimes. You’ll need to be proficient in English and have excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal. We’ll want you to hold a degree (J.D. required).
You’ll need to have experience conducting investigations and / or auditing using computer systems. In addition, experience of working with regulators, external auditors and inspectors and interpreting and applying legislation within a company context is critical.
You’ll have phenomenal customer service skills and strong attention to detail. As with all our roles, you’ll need good presentation skills, be well organised, able to plan and prioritise work schedules and individual tasks.
You’ll be a confident communicator with staff at all levels, you’ll also be prepared to undertake international travel when and where needed.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
Ideally, if you have previous online gaming industry background that’s a big plus, as is a good understanding of the online gaming and awareness of current global issues affecting online gaming.
If you’ve worked in a large organization and have the ability to interact with partners at all levels, both internally and externally it will be a distinct advantage.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. In addition, we provide advice and financial relocation assistance to those moving to Malta.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you can join our company pension scheme. You can make the most of our personal interest allowance in order to learn something new or pursue a hobby. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 EUR as congratulations.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support to develop your skills and support you in progressing your career.
We contribute €5.25 daily towards a lunch provision, with special discounts available for staff at the gourmet food court located within the office building. There is also free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Malta office in the legal department.