The role: Senior Business Analyst
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our busy and dynamic Global Sportsbook and Trading Platform team in our Leeds office.
Why we need you:-
As Senior Business Analyst you will help to articulate and document the needs of the business for a new in-house multilicence, multi-brand Sportsbook product. You’ll work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced & delivery focused team, in scaled agile development environment.
You are required to collaborate with the product team, traders and business users to understand business processes, gather business requirements, evaluate concepts, and support early engagement. Whilst also, being capable of supporting and challenging Product Mangers when required through:
- Requirements planning and acceptance criteria development
- Supporting and challenging Product Mangers when required
- Building the multiple story and sub-story process under the Epic if required
- Backlog refinement and interaction with the development team
- Work with development teams to ensure that the work committed to is understood and urgent matters are dealt with
- A clear and constant focus on the iterative loop of communication and feedback between the development team and the business
You will also be required to balance multiple products, alongside projects, and complete on product deliverables.
Who are we looking for:-
- Experience working in the online gaming industry is essential, with deep knowledge of either sportsbook and/or trading platforms
- Previous experience working as a business analyst in an IT delivery function
- Experience of using Agile/Scrum
- Experience performing stakeholder analysis and management at all levels of the organisation, building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Workshop management in order to elicit requirements, obtain collaborative agreement or promote buy in and communication
- Commercial awareness and an application of cost benefit analysis to requirements and delivery, knowing when to take a pragmatic approach
- Risk identification, analysis and management
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking
- Self-management and initiative
- Delivery focused approach
As the ideal candidate, you will have:-
A qualification in Agile/Scrum practitioner or similar is desirable. Experience of people management/development would also be a plus.
Working with us:-
“Our new Global Sportsbook Platform is using leading edge tech on a stimulating product domain, we have a unique opportunity to build an amazing and safe customer experience from scratch. We are multi-lingual, multi-territory, multi-licence… presenting thousands of sporting events… taking millions of bets… the scale and opportunity is massive!” Andrew Walton – Associate Director of Product
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). You can make the most of our personal interest allowance in order to learn something new or pursue a hobby. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Leeds office in the Global Sportsbook Trading Platform department.