The role: Quantitative Developer
We are looking for a Quantitative Developer to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Leeds service office.
Why we need you:
Based in our Leeds city centre tech hub, you’ll enjoy being part of our strong team culture, with the flexibility to work remotely around that. You will be working in an environment where a worldwide team feel like family and everyone works together to achieve a shared vision.
Helping you be a master in your own domain is critical to our company’s success; that’s why we have L&D time for you. This means that Friday afternoons are your time to learn whatever you decide you need to stay at the top of your game.
No previous experience in sports betting? No problem – we have many experts to learn from, and the technical excellence you’ll bring is what we value. Salary and benefits packages reflect the high standard in our tech teams, with excellent training and development opportunities for all engineers.
You will build produce predictive mathematical models for calculating the odds for various sports betting markets in real time. Reporting to the Head of Engineering (Quantitative), you will be responsible for the implementation of these models to power the next generation of BetStars trading applications to support international growth.
Who are we looking for:
- You will have an excellent academic background, including a degree in a highly numerate subject (mathematics, physics, …)
- Experience with a range of data modelling tools, eg R, Python, MySQL
- You will be a keen learner, eager to pick up new technical and modelling skills
- Our trading applications are built up of microservices, leveraging a combination of AWS serverless and Kubernetes, experience of these would be beneficial
- A keen interest in various sports is a plus
- For model implementation, we use kotlin – you should have experience with an Object Oriented programming language
- A team player, exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and consistent high energy levels
- An analytic problem solver with a strong sense of autonomy, but with an open collaborative approach to getting the job done
- Embrace a DevOps mindset to create tooling and automation which improve developer experience and speed of delivery
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). You can make the most of our personal interest allowance in order to learn something new or pursue a hobby. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Leeds service office in the GSTP department.