As Project Manager you would be responsible for managing various projects starting from initiation through implementation, into successful launch and handover to relevant teams. You are required to have a vast technological background in a Software Development house and outstanding matrix management skills, to lead teams from various areas of the business including Legal, Compliance, BizDev, Operations, Product, Technology, Marketing and 3rd party providers.
You will need to be an expert in multitasking, able to work week under pressure and tough deadlines.
- Successful delivery of designated projects in a timely manner and within agreed scope.
- Create, maintain and manage a detailed project plan with tasks, responsibilities and timelines and provide a clear project status to management and stakeholders. Maintain an updated version of the project’s knowledge base allowing a clear understanding of status at any given moment.
- Manage stakeholders and workstream owners based in different jurisdictions/time zones. Constantly monitor their progress and milestones and make sure to communicate to relevant stakeholders in a clear manner and at the appropriate level of detail.
- Manage and coordinate the effort of various teams across the Group and its providers to deliver the project on time and to scope. Facilitate whatever is required to move the project forward. Proactively engage with relevant teams to solve bottlenecks and issues.
- Work closely with the Technology and Product Delivery teams to build, maintain and execute a rollout plan for the project delivery.
- Develop deep understanding of specific project requirements and scope across multiple areas including Regulation, Compliance, Certification, Product, Legal, Technology, Marketing and others.
Skills and Capabilities
- 5 years or above working in a Software Development company or equivalent significant technology related background.
- Relevant experience managing projects (preferably cross functional), with proven ability to take ownership of all aspects of a project from concept to completion;
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across departments and ensure stakeholders receive information required in the appropriate format;
- Positive attitude and ability to take the initiative; self-disciplined, well organized and highly committed with the ability to multi-task and prioritize across multiple time sensitive complex projects to ensure successful delivery.
- Well organised with clear attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the Group’s products, tools, processes and key persons.
- Work experience within the Online Gaming industry
- Poker knowledge
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
The salary for this job is based on experience so whilst we are not able to provide such details at this stage, we can confirm that we offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Our benefits include a discretionary annual performance bonus, premium health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (providing you all live at the same address), and a generous company contribution into a private pension scheme each month.
As an advocate of work/life balance, we offer an annual personal interest allowance where we encourage personal learning outside of working hours; e.g. driving lessons, cookery classes and circus training (to name a few that our people have used this towards). We also have an Employee Assistance Programme where you receive complimentary and confidential support from professionals who offer independent advice 24/7. To support you in developing your skills and career, we will provide ongoing training. We offer many more great perks such as an annual travel loan, subsidised massage sessions, free drinks, snacks, hot beverages and fresh fruit every day.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s London service office in the Central Projects department.