The role: Principal Performance Tester
We are looking for a Principal Performance Tester to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Leeds service Office.
Why we need you:
GSTP provides trading services to Sky Bet UK and operates the full end to end stack of SkyBet.IT/DE FOX Bet and Bet Stars. As we grow our global expansion we need someone to help drive performance testing to ensure our systems can cope with the stresses of real traffic across the Globe. In this role you will:
- Deliver our Performance testing strategy, enabling us to be confident our production systems can cope with commercial forecasts of traffic.
- Ensure our performance and capacity test process are both technically capable and work with business teams to ensure the processes are in place to comply with audit and compliance requirements.
- To conduct performance testing and performance engineering throughout the Delivery pipeline.
- Coaching Test Engineers and Software Engineers in scripting and execution of performance tests across multiple squads within the tribe.
- Coach Software Engineers to be vigilant about performance and champion a broader performance focus through tools such as profilers.
- Provide oversight of the quality of performance test scripts and performance test models to ensure adherence to standards.
- Analyse performance test results and provide engineering support to identify causes and solutions for performance and capacity challenges.
- Provide early engagement on project inception phases to steer the performance test approach to include early performance testing, integration of script execution into a continuous integration pipeline, and validate capacity, load and resilience requirements.
Who are we looking for:
We want someone to join our team and deliver performance testing capabilities across the platform/ You will have:
- Experience with a developing test solutions with number of Open Source and industry leading performance test tools; JMeter, BlazeMeter, Visual Studio Ultimate, Gatling, LoadRunner
- Experience with a Development Estate and Tooling similar to that used at in TSG: LAMP, Rabbit MQ, Mongo DB, Hadoop, Java, PostgreSQL, React JS
- Experience with several mainstream development languages; e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, C#.
- Understanding of how to conduct testing to Agile and Lean Principles and experience of working under Scrum or Kanban methodologies and where performance testing should be conducted.
- Experience of working with workflow management and defect management tools.
- Identification of performance testing requirements and lead the performance testing approach.
- Creation of performance test models based upon analytics and monitoring of production traffic.
- Conducting performance testing and operational acceptance and failure testing.
- Investigating and reproducing complex and technically challenging performance defects.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to make the performance testing approach more efficient through automation and reporting.
- Development and maintenance of performance test frameworks, complex performance models and develop mocks, stubs and automated test data solutions required for performance testing.
- Integration of execution, analysis and reporting of performance tests into Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Audit of the technical quality of 3rd party suppliers approach to performance testing.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). You can make the most of our personal interest allowance to learn something new or pursue a hobby. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Leeds service office in the GSTP department.