Poker Analysts are primarily responsible for the configuration of thousands of PokerStars scheduled tournaments and satellites that run each day, communicating with both internal and external customers as necessary to complete work. They also contribute to team decisions made regarding tournament offerings, features, and standards.
- Script and deploy poker tournaments across all PokerStars game sites, appropriately configuring
all tournamentattributes such as payouts, betting structure, etc.
- Serve internal customers in promotions, marketing, and live events by advising on tournament attributes, ensuring compliance with team and company policies, and creating requested tournaments accurately and on time.
- Handle escalations from customer support for a variety of poker and software/technical issues.
- Interact with customers via email as necessary to complete assigned work.
- Offer input to management on the day-to-day poker operations and policy decisions for PokerStars including tournament offerings and software client features.
- Actively communicate with other team members to ensure that all tournaments are created consistent with principles and standards shared by all team members.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Capabilities
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work successfully in an environment where a single mistake may result in a high financial cost to the company.
- In-depth knowledge of the online poker environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the PokerStars client, including features and promotions.
- Extensive experience playing online poker.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to allow interaction across the entire organization.
- English fluency – written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively work with a team.
- Willingness to work long and often unusual hours, recognizing that PokerStars operates around the clock and players around the world play poker outside normal European work hours.
- Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to write clear, concise and informative emails with ease.
- Strong Information Technology skills, including intermediate Microsoft Excel and basic Microsoft Word skills.
- Aptitude for learning how to interact with new software.
- A university-level education or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of all forms of poker, betting formats, variations of the game, etc.
- Expert level Microsoft Excel skill.
- Experience with programming, web development, or basic scripting languages.
- Fluency in a second language.
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
We eat, think and dream poker. Poker is our passion. We are committed to upholding the history and integrity of the
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus. In addition, we can provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to the Isle of Man.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you are entitled to join our company pension scheme.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
We have a canteen which offers hot and cold options for breakfast and lunch and we contribute £3 daily towards this. In addition, there is free fresh fruit, snacks
Our social team
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of