The role: Poker Analyst
We are looking for a Poker Analyst to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Malta office.
Poker Analysts are primarily responsible for the configuration of thousands of PokerStars scheduled tournaments and satellites that run each day, communicating with both internal and external customers as necessary to complete work. They also contribute to team decisions made regarding tournament offerings, features, and standards.
Why we need you: -
As part of the Poker team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Script and deploy poker tournaments across all PokerStars game sites, appropriately configuring all tournament attributes such as payouts, betting structure, etc.
- Serve internal customers in promotions, marketing, and live events by advising on tournament attributes, ensuring compliance with team and company policies, and creating requested tournaments accurately and on time.
- Handle escalations from customer support for a variety of poker and software/technical issues.
- Interact with customers via email as necessary to complete assigned work.
- Offer input to management on the day-to-day poker operations and policy decisions for PokerStars including tournament offerings and software client features.
- Actively communicate with other team members to ensure that all tournaments are created consistent with principles and standards shared by all team members.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
Who are we looking for: -
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work successfully in an environment where a single mistake may result in a high financial cost to the company.
- In-depth knowledge of the online poker environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the PokerStars client, including features and promotions.
- Extensive experience playing online poker.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to allow interaction across the entire organization.
- English fluency – written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively work with a team.
- Willingness to work long and often unusual hours, recognizing that PokerStars operates around the clock and players around the world play poker outside normal European work hours.
- Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to write clear, concise and informative emails with ease.
- Strong Information Technology skills, including intermediate Microsoft Excel and basic Microsoft Word skills.
- Aptitude for learning how to interact with new software.
As an ideal candidate you`ll have:
- A university-level education or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of all forms of poker, betting formats, variations of the game, etc.
- Expert level Microsoft Excel skill.
- Experience with programming, web development, or basic scripting languages.
- Fluency in a second language.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to provide such details at this stage, we can confirm that we do offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Our benefits include a discretionary annual performance bonus, premium health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (providing you all live at the same address), and a generous company contribution into a private pension scheme every month.
We have an Employee Assistance Programme where you receive complimentary and confidential support from professionals who offer independent advice 24/7. To support you in developing your skills and career, we will provide ongoing training.
We contribute €5.25 daily towards your breakfast and lunch. In addition, there is free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks. As an advocate of work life balance, we offer PIA; an annual personal interest allowance where we encourage personal learning outside of working hours; e.g. driving lessons, cookery classes and circus training (to name a few that our people have used this towards).
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The GroupThe Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Malta office in the Poker department.