Are you our next Rising Star?
You’ve graduated (or in the final stage of your last year) and it’s time to start your next adventure. You have big ideas and you want to voice them. And you want to become part of a company that gives you everything you need to create winning moments for yourself and millions of players around the world. Welcome to The Stars Group.
Our graduate role offers a competitive salary, discretionary bonus and experience working for one of the world’s largest publicly listed online betting and gaming companies.
So, who are we? We’re home to some of the biggest, most exciting brands in the online gaming industry, with offices, events and players all over the world. We’re the ultimate owner of such brands as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo, Sky Poker and BetEasy as well as live poker tour and event brands.
And, as part of our 12-month graduate role, you’ll have the opportunity to work across all of them. Your seat is open.
What you’ll be doing
The Public Relations team is the voice of our brands, engaging a wide variety of media and customers across the globe in all the interesting things our poker, social gaming, sports betting and casino products are doing. From product launches to live events, celebrity and ambassador news, and product information, the PR team create global and regional PR strategies and maintain strong and positive media relations to ensure our brands’ stories are heard. There is never a dull moment – your time with the PR team will give an introduction into what we do within the online gaming industry, and how we speak to audiences outside of it. You should expect the following whilst you’re with us:
- Planning PR campaigns by contributing to the production of PR plans
- Supporting the execution of PR activities and the creation of media assets, materials and content.
- Helping to measure the success of PR campaigns and activities by contributing to internal reports, with a focus on key learnings and recommending improvements
- Conducting research on various issues relevant to online entertainment, including gaming and sports
- Staying on top of current media conversations and trends that can be tapped into.
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor’s degree having graduated with, or on track to achieve, a 2:1 or higher in PR, Marketing, Business or Communications
- Highly organised and methodical, with excellent attention to detail
- Ambitious, creative and willing to jump into a wide range of activities and projects
- Analytical thinker with a strategic approach to planning
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize key projects daily
- A passion for content, and a love of brands and media
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor the dialogue and delivery to cater for a variety of audiences
- Must be able to work under pressure, with the ability to problem solve and adapt to changing business requirements
- Skype, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook Office proficient
- Team Player with a “can do’ attitude
- Interest in online gaming (preferably Poker, Sports and/or Casino)
- Project planning and/or management experience
- Basic HTML coding knowledge
We’ll aim to get back to you within 14 days of applying. After that, you’ll be invited to complete a video interview. If successful, you’ll then be invited to an interview.
We’ll take your summer plans into consideration when organising a start date but ideally we’d like the successful candidate to start in July 2019. So, if you are planning on doing some post-uni travelling, you can take that into consideration when booking your return flight.
Perks and Benefits
The salary for this job is competitive for the graduate market, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Whilst we don’t like to brag, we think we’re a pretty great place to work! Our office is a modern, open plan office that boasts swanky refreshment stations and an unlimited supply of snacks.
Our social team organise great events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties. As an advocate of work/life balance, we offer an annual personal interest allowance where we encourage personal learning outside of working hours. Some courses our stars have used this for include 3D unicorn cake making, skiing lessons and learning to scuba dive!
Our in-house Learning team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.