The role: Office & events coordinator - Engineering
We are looking for a Office & events coordinator to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Leeds office.
Why we need you:
We’re expanding our team who use their technical and sports betting know how to deliver amazing products to customers of BetStars and other major brands around the world.
This is a new role and will become fully embedded within our Tribe reporting to the Engineering Director and will be responsible for:
- Administrative and support duties for the engineering management function and day to day operations.
- Will work with our group functions to coordinate agreed learning activities locally.
- Responsible for coordinating events for the team.
- Will understand the people and our agile / lean ways of working and to advise and bring forward solutions on continuous improvement.
- Coordinate and arrange tech talks within the tribes to promote knowledge share and raise awareness.
- Responsible for the administration for the Sports department including organizing meetings and event management for social activities, workshops, business planning and off-sites.
- Coordinate the team morale budget.
- To take ownership of ways of working and to implement improvement initiatives.
- To create a great working environment and to liaise with our workplace operations function for further improvements to ensure we have an open, safe, fun and welcoming environment.
Based in our Leeds city centre tech hub, you’ll enjoy being part of our strong team culture, with the flexibility to work remotely around that. You will be working in an environment where a worldwide team feel like family and everyone works together to achieve a shared vision.
You will be part of the team who will build the next generation of sportsbook to support international growth.
Who are we looking for:
You will be a self-starter and ideally have experience within a personal assistant or coordinator role, although not essential. You will be working closely with multiple stakeholders on a daily basis so excellent communication, organisational skills and an energetic personality are essential.
You will have a genuine passion for people, culture and delivering improvements and will be looking for a new challenge with a company that genuinely recognises and rewards its star performers. We are looking for a candidate who:
- Administrative experience is essential with a preference of this being gained within an online environment as you’ll be the go to person for administrative tasks and issues daily.
- Cares about the happiness, health and welfare of our people.
- A proven self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- Be courageous to consider latest thinking and try out new approaches.
- A problem solver, superb attention to detail and self-sufficiency
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with senior managers and other internal customers.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organisational skills with the ability to thrive in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Forward thinking and have an interest in developing your knowledge of the business. Knowledge of the Poker, Sports betting and Casino industries is an added benefit as is previous experience working in a fast-paced environment for a large e-gaming corporation.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Leeds service office in the GSTP department.