To work as part of the Network Operations team managing, maintaining and supporting critical network devices, appliances, servers, and hyper-converged infrastructure throughout the entire Stars Group global infrastructure.
- Management of NetOps owned assets in response to service or configuration change requests
- Installation and base configuration of new equipment
- Equipment upgrades and re-provisioning of equipment
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers for hardware/software procurement
- Proactive monitoring of key metrics to pre-empt and mitigate issues
- Participate in the on-call rota to provide 24x7x365 cover
Skills and Capabilities
- At least 3 years’ experience working with industry standard network providers (Cisco/Juniper) or;
- At least 3 years’ experience of Virtualisation platforms
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- A self-starter with the ability to make progress with minimal supervision
In depthworking knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol and OSI model
- Knowledge and understanding of the components present in enterprise networks (Firewall/Switch/Load Balancers/IPS)
- Understanding of network architecture, application architecture, and interoperability of each with one another
- Good diplomacy skills
- Results focused with excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Certified in Cisco, VMware, F5, Citrix products
ofISP networking environments including BGP, ISIS, MPLS
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Perl)
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus. In addition, we can provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to the Isle of Man.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you are entitled to join our company pension scheme.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
We have a canteen which offers hot and cold options for breakfast and lunch and we contribute £3 daily towards this. In addition, there is free fresh fruit, snacks, and drinks.
Our social team organizes great events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
Stars Interactive is a division of The Stars Group,