The role: Lead Designer
The Stars Group are looking for a highly talented, passionate and driven Lead Designer to join our growing creative studio in Leeds. Reporting to the Sports Design Manager, the Lead Designer will be responsible for helping shape and deliver creative outputs across the Poker Stars global brand portfolio.
The chosen candidate must have strong proven conceptual and multifaceted design skills, a keen eye for detail, great typographical knowledge and the ability to deliver award winning brand solutions alongside a talented team of like-minded designers. Working with global brands Poker Stars and SkyBet the role will offer the chance to be part of the ever-evolving brand landscape they dominate in a fast-paced sporting world.
Whether designing for static, motion, video or 3D the chosen candidate will show passion and energy in their all-round creative approach.
- Creating best in class creative for Stars Group brands, for key promotional marketing campaigns, social channels / websites as requested under the guidance of the Sports Design Manager and Creative Director
- Provide creative support, inspiration and insight into our evolving brand portfolios and guidelines.
- Provide guidance and inspiration to team members in the pursuit of developing new and engaging visual styles and creative solutions.
- Working with the Design Manager to review all incoming briefs, and brainstorm the best approach for creative / brand solution
- Assisting the Design Manager in overseeing the scheduling and trafficking of all creative briefs.
- Assist the Design manager in building and maintaining strong working relationships with stakeholders across the business.
- Assist the Design Manager in building and refining robust brand / studio process.
Skills and Capabilities
- Degree/Diploma in design or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Advanced user of Adobe CS software on Mac platform
- A strong portfolio showing a thorough understanding and experience in online digital brand design.
- Ability to design bespoke, original and refined creative brand solutions.
- Excellent typographic skills
- Experience of working within and executing brand guidelines
- Ability and willingness to follow creative direction but also interpret briefs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sports environment within established processes
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with an adaptable and positive attitude
- Experience supporting other designers and/or freelancers – assisting in design refinement and reviewing work.
- Sports knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the online Sports Betting industry
- Experience in other creative disciplines (Illustration, Motion, Video, 3D) – we have teams that specialise in these areas but the ability to consult or input creative ideas / work alongside them on projects would be beneficial.
Our company values:
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations. In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Leeds service office in the Marketing department.