The Role: Knowledge Specialist – German
The Operations Knowledge Specialist is responsible for a specialised area of content and information within the Operations division and looks after procedures, web page articles, templates and other types of content, all while ensuring that the Group’s content strategy is effectively implemented. The role requires spending time in not only creating and/or translating the content, but in ensuring the existing information is accessible, current and meets customer and market requirements, using various content management practises such as web analytics.
Why we need you:
As a Knowledge Specialist you will coordinate and maintain content within specialised knowledge areas or languages for the Operations Division in line with the Group’s expectations and guidelines. Prepare, maintain and streamline procedures according to priorities set by the departments and the analysis of data in accordance with the Group’s instructions. This includes synthesizing sophisticated technical content into compelling meaningful content that produces high response as per the Group’s policies and procedures.
The Knowledge Specialist will also support stakeholders through actively gathering information needed to create/maintain content, keeping them informed of plans/changes and clearly understanding their requirements. Proactively suggest innovative solutions to improve how content is presented and managed within Operations. Collaborate with analytics staff to increase search relevancy; conducting keyword research, testing for relevance, optimizing content, generating meta tags, maintaining metadata and measuring/reporting overall content effectiveness.
We need someone who will think strategically about how content can be most effective in various parts of the Help Centre and ACES and be involved in content-related projects. You will review and edit content produced by other members of Operations, including senior management and provide accurate and timely publishing of content that assists players and improves their player experience.
Translate standard email templates as issued by the Group from English to the assigned language (if applicable)
Who are we looking for:
- Extensive experience creating content e.g. web sites, FAQs, articles, presentations and procedures,
- Extensive experience as a translator, and/or
- Exceptional understanding of the Stars Group products, processes and policies.
- Ability to write content in variety of styles, voices and tones, adaptable to different target audiences.
- Ability to organize and synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team (located across multiple offices)
- Strong sense of ownership and commitment
- Need to be able to work under pressure, with the ability to problem solve and adapt to changing business requirements
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Qualifications in Translations, Enterprise Content, mass communications, journalism or another related field especially relating to writing for the Web across a wide variety of devices.
- Previous CMS experience (eg Transversal)
- Use of computer assisted translation software, ideally SDL Trados.
- Web analytics including Google Analytics.
- Additional languages are an asset.
- Project management certification (eg. PMI, PRINCE2)
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. In addition, we can provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you can join our company pension scheme. You can make the most of our personal interest allowance in order to learn something new or pursue a hobby. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 EUR as congratulations.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support to develop your skills and support you in progressing your career.
We have a canteen which offers hot and cold options for breakfast and lunch and we contribute €3 daily towards this. In addition, there is free fresh fruit, snacks, drinks and an onsite gym (if you’re into that kind of thing).
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, we’ll invite you for a phone or video interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry-leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Dublin office in the Operations department.