As Financial Crime Manager and MLRO within the Corporate Integrity Department you will work with and lend authoritative mentorship to the Financial Crime Analysts in the receipt, review and reporting of Suspicious Activity and report to the Group MLRO; with MLRO responsibilities for 4 of the Group’s licences; being TSG’s Spanish, Italian, French and Portuguese licences.
You will be required to monitor jurisdictional AML/CFT Legislation, Rules and Regulator mentorship to ensure the ongoing compliance of the Groups AML/CFT control framework and procedures, and play a key role in required development projects.
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT), Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) and Sanctions monitoring and reporting
- Understanding the reporting obligations and legal requirements in assigned jurisdictions to ensure submission of high quality SARs, including liaising with the Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs) or equivalent bodies in those jurisdictions
- Ensuring all detailed controls / procedures remain up to date and meaningful for regulatory scrutiny and internal application.
- Application of the legislation provisions, reporting obligations, proscribed reporting format and responsible authorities, across all jurisdictions for SAR reporting
- Assist with the assessment and management of ML / TF risk posed by products and services offered in key jurisdictions.
- Lend research support to ML/TF law, obligations and practicalities of reporting suspicions as new jurisdictions are added to the license portfolio
- Work with Security and Responsible Gaming on technical development projects where AML/CFT factors are required
- Work with due-diligence team on player screening reviews (use of FinScan / Worldcheck software) and escalations / queries on players.
- Assist with the design of compulsory annual AML/CFT training
- Provide research and intelligence support in relation to; AML/CFT, Sanctions, Bribery & Corruption, Probity and Due-Diligence matters as the wider work for the Corporate Integrity department.
Skills and Capabilities
- +5 years experience in an MLRO position in a regulated entity
- An appreciation of cross jurisdictional organised crime activity, and the transactional typologies of terrorist financing
- Able to review, interpret communicate and apply AML/CFT legal requirements in a commercial fashion
- Well organised, able to plan and prioritise work tasks
- Attention to detail, and excellent record keeper
- Ability to deliver high quality work under internal volume and external deadline pressures
- Confident in learning new IT systems / application and use of software
- Experience of taking care of international law enforcement/third parties
- Some knowledge of GDPR - Data Subject Access Requests – data provision obligations.
- Internet investigation capability
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for completion
- Show passion
- Have courage
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer phenomenal salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus. In addition, we can provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to the Isle of Man.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you are entitled to join our company pension scheme.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
We have a canteen which offers hot and cold options for breakfast and lunch, and we contribute £3 daily towards this. In addition, there is free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks.
Our social team organise phenomenal events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands.
Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies.
This role is in the Group’s Isle of Man office in the Corporate Integrity department.