The role: Department Head of Platform - UK Teams
We are looking for a Department Head of Platform - UK Teams to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Leeds service Office.
Why we need you:
Being part of The Stars Group Global Sports and Trading Platform (GSTP) leadership team this role is about leading platform management across BetStars, the trading systems we provide to SkyBetting & Gaming and launching FOX Bet in the US. Leading a team of Ops Managers and DevOps Engineers you will:
- Help build a coherent platform alongside the SRE team that has a low operational overhead and enables fast development of new services to be deployed into production.
- Work alongside architects and engineering managers to ensure we are building the right things in the right way to meet the business problems, helping get work over the line and into production.
- Lead Operations across the UK based teams and services delivering tooling to sports betting websites across the globe and one of the biggest in the UK
- Ensure the day to day operational tasks are being done on our platform to keep it running ensuring our customers get a world-class experience. While trying to reduce the ongoing effort of these areas.
- Drive key cross-department programs of work and projects
- Ensure we maintain our compliance and security posture
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure they understand our operational position and team prioritise
- Grow and build a motivated and effective team
- Be aware of and input into our Budget position and planning process
- Be responsible for Budget controls and management of approved budgets in your area
- Be forward-thinking, helping to plan how we adapt the teams and platform to upcoming business challenges to meet our long term business plans.
Who are we looking for:
You’ll have significant experience and deep expertise in operating web platforms platforms. Leading engineering teams in an evolving and dynamic environment, ideally in online betting & gaming or similar web/mobile-scale industry where software is always-on, and customer experience is always more than a consideration. You will have a reputation for thought leadership, strategic thinking and come with a strong technical background.
You’ll also need a proven ability to take and influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment. You’ll be a committed team player who demonstrates exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and consistent high energy levels, who recognises the importance of people in technology solutions. You are also an analytic problem solver with a strong sense of autonomy, but with an open collaborative approach to getting the job done.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). You can make the most of our personal interest allowance to learn something new or pursue a hobby. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Leeds service office in the GSTP department.