The role: Department Head of Architecture
We are looking for a Department Head of Architecture to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Leeds service Office.
Why we need you:
The GSTP mission is to progressively build, deploy and run outstanding customer experiences on a consolidated Group Sports & Trading Platform across online, mobile and retail in all territories
Our cross-functional teams in Leeds, London and Bulgaria build and support highly available, scalable and resilient platforms and products used by customers around the world.
As Department Head of Architecture in the Group Sports and Trading Platform Tribe, you will be responsible for a fast-paced and energetic Agile portfolio across distributed teams that spans 3 Sub-Tribes containing 15 Squads. You will lead the architect team on the portfolio of programmes containing multiple work streams and initiatives in a fast-paced, Lean-Agile environment to support the continuing growth of TSG.
Working with product, technology, marketing, commercial, UXD, other internal teams and third parties, you will foster relationships to cultivate a collaborative working environment. Ensuring the successfully delivery of all initiatives across these teams.
You will motivate, grow and develop a talented and high performing team of architects across our locations. You are a mentor and coach to facilitate their progression within the GSTP Tribe and company.
You will have the exciting opportunity to foster a continuous improvement culture and, through the use of data, the ability to “fail fast and cheaply” and learn from the experience.
You will drive consistency in our architectural processes and approach to ensure teams’ commitments are being met and the quality of what is being delivered remains high. In addition, you will also provide the opportunity to grow skills and capabilities within the team to take advantage of new technologies and tools as they emerge.
This role will involve continuously looking for improvements and driving change within the Tribe, through innovating ways of working, introducing new processes and constantly evolving our approach to delivery.
How you will do it:
We’ll look for you to exhibit the following characteristics:
- Exceptional leadership skills will ensure that you are seen as a role model and able to influence teams with your knowledge and experience of technology, architecture and Agile ways of working
- Oversee the architectural processes in GSTP, from Impact Assessment, solution design, technology introduction, city plans and architectural transition planning
- You thrive under pressure, but can also think strategically and plan for future growth, structure and scale
- You are an exceptional communicator and have experience in managing multiple challenging stakeholders with an ability to shape and influence decisions at executive level
- You’ll be able to show effective communication of technology recommendations / proposals to all stakeholders, including the Sports MD and Leadership Team.
- To keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and architectural approaches and promote alignment between technology and business strategy
- To maintain a good understanding and awareness of competitors’ products and services
- Collaborate with other architects across TSG and SBG to help define our architectural principles, vision, lifecycle and underlying framework
- Awareness of current architectural trends and developments within the market, particularly patterns and technologies being used within the industry
- Provide governance and technical leadership to ensure GSTP stays on course across the many Objectives and Key Results of the programmes
How we work:
We have a strong focus on approachability, open mindedness and an ability to work well with people at all levels of the business is at the heart of how we work. We are very collaborative and always look to build strong relationships with our peers and stakeholders. We are outcome focused with the ability to figure out adds value and what does not.
The ethos is on taking the initiative, being inquisitive and never being satisfied with the status-quo - always challenging the team and supporting them to be more efficient and advance their skills. You can expect to work in a team which has clear, concise and influential communication using insightful reports and raising issues to stakeholders and keeping them up to date on a regular basis. A big part of this role is having the confident and credible when working with senior executives – whilst we are creative and innovative in our thinking, we’re measured and decisive with our actions to ensure the best results are consistently delivered.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). You can make the most of our personal interest allowance to learn something new or pursue a hobby. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Leeds service office in the GSTP department.