The role: Data Scientist
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Isle of Man office.
Why we need you: -
Working within a team of Data Scientists, you will develop and operationalise cutting-edge machine learning models.
You will work closely with many different teams across the business, using machine learning and advanced analytics to contribute to their success and help translate business vision into actionable output.
You will have the opportunity to work on interesting and varied projects, including deep learning, recommendation systems, real-time CRM, and NLP.
Who are we looking for: -
- You will have a degree or MSc/PhD in a STEM subject.
- A passion for data science and experience delivering machine learning or analytics projects in an academic or corporate environment.
- You’ll have a great understanding of statistical methods and machine learning techniques.
- You will be proficient in at least one programming language (Python, R, Scala).
- Experience manipulating large datasets using SQL, Spark, or similar.
- The ability to tell a story through data and explain technical concepts to stakeholders.
As the ideal candidate, you will have: -
- Previous experience in the online gaming industry is desirable.
- Proficiency with the PyData stack and experience with deep learning frameworks.
- Hands on experience working with big data solution and/or cloud technology.
- Knowledge of git and version control as well as experience working with Unix/Linux environments.
- Knowledge of computer science concepts such as memory management, time complexity and parallelisation would be a plus.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience so whilst we are not able to provide such details at this stage, we can confirm that we offer an excellent salary and benefits package.
Our benefits include a discretionary annual performance bonus, premium health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (providing you all live at the same address).
As an advocate of work/life balance, we offer an annual personal interest allowance where we encourage personal learning outside of working hours; e.g. driving lessons, cookery classes and circus training (to name a few that our people have used this towards). To support you in developing your skills and career, we will provide ongoing training. We offer many more great perks such as an annual travel loan, subsidised massage sessions, free drinks, snacks, hot beverages and fresh fruit every day.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Isle of Man office in the Business Intelligence department.