The role: Data Science Manager
We are looking for a Data Science Manager to join our busy and dynamic team based in our New Jersey office.
Why we need you: -
Working within a team of Data Scientists, you will develop and operationalise cutting-edge machine learning models.
You will work closely with many different teams across the business, using machine learning and advanced analytics to contribute to their success and help translate business vision into actionable output.
You will be a senior member of the Data Science team. Your responsibilities will include leading projects, contributing to strategy and roadmap planning, and mentoring other members of the team.
You will have the opportunity to work on interesting and varied projects, including deep learning, recommendation systems, real-time CRM, and NLP.
Who are we looking for: -
- You will have a degree or MSc/PhD in a STEM subject.
- A passion for data science and experience delivering machine learning or analytics projects in an academic or corporate environment.
- You’ll have a great understanding of statistical methods and machine learning techniques.
- You will be proficient in at least one programming language (Python, R, Scala).
- Experience manipulating large datasets using SQL, Spark, or similar.
- The ability to tell a story through data and explain technical concepts to stakeholders.
As the ideal candidate, you will have: -
- Experience in a leadership or mentoring role.
- Previous experience in the online gaming industry is desirable.
- Proficiency with the PyData stack and experience with deep learning frameworks.
- Hands on experience working with big data solution and/or cloud technology.
- Knowledge of git and version control as well as experience working with Unix/Linux environments.
- Knowledge of computer science concepts such as memory management, time complexity and parallelisation would be a plus.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so while we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus.
We offer 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance for you and a substantial employer contribution towards your qualified dependent coverage. In addition, you also receive other benefits at no cost such as life insurance, short term disability and long-term disability. We offer a generous 401(k) plan with a 100% employer match and no vesting or waiting period. In addition, you are entitled to a personal interest allowance which encourages our employees to enhance their skills or pursue a hobby. A baby bounty is offered to our employees as well, granting $1,500 upon the birth of a child. We also offer 9 paid holidays and full-time employees start out with some generous vacation time right from Day 1.
Our in-house training and development team delivers fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career. In the office there is always free fresh fruit, endless snacks and drinks and of course an unlimited amount of coffee! We also provide catered lunch to our employees on special occasions or just because!
In terms of relaxation we have offered yoga and chair massages in the past and will continue to do so under our yearly wellness initiatives. We look for fun ways to celebrate and come together socially including our favorite event each year-our annual Christmas party!
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s New Jersey office in the Business Intelligence department.