You will be working with internal and external stakeholders to assist with the ongoing integration and automation of our processes within Finance. This role will require you to translate the needs of the business into meaningful specifications and create manuals for the rest of the business.
- Work with areas of the business to identify needs that require development resource
- Translate business needs into specifications for our Internal Software Developers
- Contribute to defining key project milestones and timings
- Monitor development projects and ensure software developers hit agreed milestones
- Develop test plans and assist the development team with consistent execution
- Implementation of software releases to the business
- Build strong relationships across the business
- Create user manuals and/or documentation for the business
- Ability to analyse Finance/Tax requirements
- Challenge business teams to identify best processes and solutions
- Awareness of cost benefits and how to fit tasks into the overall strategy
- Document findings for development teams to work from and for Auditors
Skills and Capabilities
- A relevant degree in IT/ Computer Science/ Finance or equivalent qualification
- At least 2 years’ experience within a systems environment
- Understanding and experience of the entire software development lifecycle
- Experience in translating business requirements into written specifications
- Strong communication skills
- Resilience and determination
- Attention to detail
- SQL experience
- An understanding of ITGC, COSO & COBIT frameworks to support SOX Compliance
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus. In addition, we can provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to the Isle of Man.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you are entitled to join our company pension scheme.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
We have a canteen which offers hot and cold options for breakfast and lunch and we contribute £3 daily towards this. In addition, there is free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks.
Our social team organise great events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting &
Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Isle of Man office in the Finance department.