The role: Associate Director of Product, Global Trading
We are looking for a Associate Director of Product, Global Trading to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Leeds office.
Why we need you:
Reporting to the Director of Product, Group Sports and Trading Platforms, this role will be responsible for owning the Global Trading Product vision, mission and objectives across both UK and International product teams.
Based in Leeds with travel required to the other offices you will play a fundamental role in the future development and success of BetStars and SkyBet. Working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and our development teams in both Leeds and Sofia you will be responsible for ensuring we deliver on the vision of a single global trading platform for all sportsbooks regardless of location or brand. That scope covers all elements of trading; from event and feed management to in-house pricing and risk management and needs a candidate who is willing to think beyond the current capabilities used by Sports betting companies.
Acting as both the vision owner and getting into enough detail to ensure the vision is deliverable, you’ll be the interface between the delivery squads, project teams, other product teams and our Trading Operations stakeholders. Responsible for the elicitation and communication of business requirements at a strategic level but ensuring your teams have the ability and capability to do the same at a tactical level. You will use data and research to drive your decisions and in doing so prioritise the relevant backlogs to create first class products and capabilities to maximise value to the business.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the Global Trading Vision, Mission and Objectives; ensuring we balance tactical improvements with the long-term consolidation onto a single platform
- Management of the UK & International Trading development product teams, their roadmaps and coordinating across the business to ensure we maximise the return on our investment and time
- Work with and lead your teams to set the vision and roadmap, aligning everyone behind a common goal, to motivate and energise behind that vision; building a shared understanding of the platform with the team
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues in Trading Operational and Technology functions share the reasoning behind your decisions, defining and communicate the priority for delivery.
- Full end-to-end management of all aspects of the Global Trading systems and services to deliver first class products, capabilities and ultimately revenues for the business
- Define clear strategic objectives and requirements to deliver on the Global Trading Vision, ensuring your team are then able to define functional and non-functional requirements and processes for engineers, architects and other stakeholders
- Use Commercial, Insight and Research functions to identify the Objectives and Key Results with the most customer and business value to identify and prioritise opportunities
- Build relationships with other Product groups across the company to understand how your areas of focus impact or depend on other roadmaps and subsequently get those opportunities scheduled on their roadmaps
- Maintain an appropriate level of understanding of relevant systems and business processes
- Working without boundaries to ensure your product area delivers best-in-class features rapidly, to a high-quality and sustainably
- Review/measure/assess delivered solutions to ensure fitness for purpose
- Explore opportunities to improve effectiveness of delivery; making recommendations and changes in process as appropriate
- Ad-hoc analysis of operational data to discover opportunities and fix problems
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for an individual with significant experience of running large product teams with relevant Sportsbook or Trading product management experience. Key skills and experience would include:
- Product Director or Head of Product experience within a lean / agile development methodology in a sportsbook or trading environment.
- A clear strategic thinker with an analytical and inquisitive mind-set who can demonstrate the ability to translate business ideas into tangible outcomes
- Ability to maintain personally and through their teams a good balance between short-term delivery and longer-term planning
- Naturally collaborative, and with a desire to be part of a highly successful team rather than just a highly successful individual
- Interest in and knowledge of the latest technology and media trends, in particular an interest in mobile based products
- Highly organised and self-motivated, with a desire to see a job through to conclusion
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and comfortable operating at all levels of an organisation
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of managing end-to-end delivery; from concept to cash, ensuring frequent, successful and well-coordinated releases to users
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). You can make the most of our personal interest allowance to learn something new or pursue a hobby. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Leeds service office in the GSTP department.