We are looking for a AML Specialist to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Cherry Hill, NJ Office
Why we need you:
This role is based in our Cherry Hill, NJ office, Responsible for the co-ordination, development and embedding of the Group’s compliance and AML framework within the United States, ensuring policies, processes and procedures are correctly implemented and followed in order to demonstrate regulatory compliance. The successful candidate will have proven knowledge and experience of AML (preferably within gaming) and experience of working in a compliance / legal / audit environment dealing with various and complex regulatory regimes. Experience gained in a large organization and the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally will be a distinct advantage.
Assist Group Management with ensuring that the Group complies with all US licensing, regulatory and legislative requirements relating to AML in particular that the appropriate systems, processes and procedures are being maintained and are up to date to demonstrate continued compliance.
The applicant must be a legal resident of the United States and available to work at the New Jersey office.
Key responsibilities include:
To be undertaken in line with Group policies and procedures and under the direction and oversight of Group Management.
- Management of internal and external communication in relation to US anti money laundering regulations and responsible for ensuring that US based staff are appropriately trained in AML awareness and related Group procedures including identifying and reporting suspicious activity;
- Make recommendations to the Director of Compliance and Internet Gaming Manager on suspicious activity reports and ensure the timely submission of the same to the appropriate body (e.g. FinCEN);
- Locally co-ordinate and review the patron screening process to satisfy AML obligations, covering areas such as Politically Exposed Persons, International Sanctions and OFAC. Report on these items to the Internet Gaming Manager and regulator as applicable;
- Conduct due diligence on customer accounts and financial transactions;
- Conduct investigations using all available tools to detect and file suspicious activity reports when necessary;
- Coordinate any law enforcement or other investigative authority requests in accordance with internal processes and procedures;
- Coordinate the US compliance / AML risk threat assessment framework in relation to products, strategies and operational processes and procedures, working with stakeholders and management to enhance and instill robust controls;
- Administration of AML training program to employees;
- Additional duties as needed
Who are we looking for:
- Excellent standard of education (minimum 4 year college/university degree level with good results or in exceptional circumstances a professional qualification such as accountancy or internal audit may be considered);
- Must be fluent in English and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Minimum of 5 years’ knowledge and experience of dealing with AML requirements and awareness of regulations / guidance relating to the same in the US, including completing and filing suspicious activity reports;
- Knowledge of Title 31 requirements, with a special focus on casinos.
- Experience conducting investigations and / or auditing using computer systems,
- Experience in dealing with US regulators and / or police authorities;
- Experience in compiling information for regulatory returns;
- Excellent customer service skills and strong attention to detail.
- Good presentation / training skills;
- Well organized, able to plan and prioritize work schedules and individual tasks;
- Motivated, hardworking, able to manage self and other tasks to meet required deadlines;
- Able to confidently communicate with staff at all levels;
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work; and
- Prepared to undertake international travel when and where needed.
- Previous online gaming industry background.
- Good understanding of the online gaming and awareness of current global issues affecting online gaming
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so while we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we'll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well, we will invite you into the office for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group owns or licenses gaming and related consumer businesses and brands, including PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, FOX Bet, BetEasy, Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo, Sky Poker, and Oddschecker, as well as live poker tour and events brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world's largest and most licensed publicly listed online gaming companies.
It is the policy of The Stars Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Stars Group will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance with completing the online application process, please contact: email@example.com.